jueves, 23 de marzo de 2017

INFANCIA


I woke up early because I heard a murmur in the backyard. I cautiously peeked out. The house smelled like flowers, everyone was well dressed. It was a party!
I showered as fast as possible. I got out my green dress, the new one. I brushed my hair, which only looked good when mom combed it. I put on my shoes.
Perhaps there would be cake… I was ready in an instant. I went downstairs carefully. There’s no music, I thought, so I returned to the room where the CDs are. I grabbed one and came back down.
In the patio, I heard everyone talking about the same thing at the same time in the same room. I walked very slowly and when I looked towards the living room I discovered that there was no party, that there would be no music, that there was no cake, that my dad was crying beside some lit candles, and that my hair would never again look good.


Marcia Trejo (Kikey)


* Translation Alejandro Morán and Julie Hempel

#Cercadelamesita
#JulieHempel
#MarciaTrejoKikey

No hay comentarios.: